Brake lights

On my 1995 Toyota Tacoma my brake lights keep coming on whenever I turn on my headlights, does anyone know what might be causing this problem and how I can go about fixing it? Thanks

Jake

Reply to
MrJake75

Jake,

Is it possible you have two bad taillight bulbs, where the tail & stop filaments are shorted together? Try replacing one bulb at a time...

Bill

Reply to
bill

It sounds like you have a bad ground at the tail lights. I don't have the technical explanation for this, but the circuit ends up grounding through the stop lights causing them to light. I've seen this several times on other vehicles. Check to make sure that the ground wire is not corroded or broken.

Gary

Reply to
Garys2

"Garys2" wrote: > MrJake75 wrote: > > On my 1995 Toyota Tacoma my brake lights keep coming on > whenever I > > turn on my headlights, does anyone know what might be > causing this > > problem and how I can go about fixing it? Thanks > > > > Jake > > > It sounds like you have a bad ground at the tail lights. I > don't have > the technical explanation for this, but the circuit ends up > grounding > through the stop lights causing them to light. I've seen this > several > times on other vehicles. Check to make sure that the ground > wire is not > corroded or broken. > > Gary

I replaced one of the tail lights and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for your help!

Reply to
MrJake75

Out of curiousity, was it dead, defective, or by any chance the wrong one? I've seen that before when someone installed an 1056 instead of a

1057 and it caused all sorts of weird problems.

Gary

Reply to
Garys2

The Ultimate Rally is limited to 100 cars and the entry fee is US$ 30,000. See our terms & conditions and apply here: w w w. u l t i m a t e r a l l y . c o m /application.html

Greetings,

K i m b l e Founder of the Ultimate Rally. w w w . k i m b l e . o r g

Reply to
NelsonSheikh