Burning Ethenol Fuel

I just drove past a gas station that is is offering Ethenol based fuel for $1.95/gal (.20 less than regular unleaded). I ran some a few weeks ago and everything seemed to run fine, is there any harm in running this in my truck (2004 Tundra)?

Thanks.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I use it every winter (mandated). No problems.

Reply to
Dan G

The only concerns I have ever heard about ethanol fuel is that if you have not been using it and start, it has a potential to clean fuel deposits from the walls of the fuel tank. This in turn may cause a clogged fuel filter.

I have been a die hard user of ethanol and have never had a problem. It's a cleaner fuel and seems to have a built in de-icer effect in the winter. Alcohol burns cooler so that is a plus. Here in Nebraska it is available everywhere and usually for less than regular unleaded.

Reply to
Rick Morris

Good thing I've only got 4000 miles on the truck. I burned two tanks of it in ND last week without any noticeable difference in driving... if anything I may have gotten better gas mileage on those two tanks.

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

There are some other effects on running the E85 stuff --- like corrosion. Your car has to be made for this stuff... Some people mix it. Here in chicago, e-85 is 1.79 a gallon. Regular unleaded is 2.25, so a lot of people are running e85 -- but they are taking a chance...

Reply to
Dan J.S.

The e85 is a totally different deal. It does require that the vehicle is modified for that fuel. The more commonly available e10 has never let me down. I only am aware of a handful of e85 pumps in our state.

Reply to
Rick Morris

Manual for my '94 pickup says keep it to 10%. (5% if methanol)

Reply to
JeB

Just curious, but would that be a 22RE? I wonder if that'd be the same on my '87.

Reply to
Chuck

it is for the '94 22RE.

Reply to