Cap on '05 Tacoma?

Has anyone here put a cap on a 2005 Tacoma?

I'm not looking for a cap, but the details of how the cap installer attached it to your truck.

Anyone?

Thanks! Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

No disrespect I just didn't Know. A shell?

"B a r r y" .

Reply to
Billstein

Right!

Topper, cap, shell, cover, etc...

They may be called different things regionally. My fault for not explaining.

Thanks, Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I'm planning to put one on my '05 Tundra, on this truck it just mounts on with 8 "C" clamps. I assume it's the same on a Tacoma, but I haven't looked inside a new Tacoma bed yet...

Reply to
nospam

You'd better look.

The typical method of clamping a cap on the bed, like it did on four of mine, will NOT work. There's no lip to clamp it to. Toyota hasn't answered any of my email yet, going on 4 business days.

That's why I'm asking if anyone's got one done up yet.

My truck is here, I pick it up on Monday. I'll post details when I finally get something attached to the bed. The new bed has all the usual rack an cap vendors perplexed.

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge

Go to any Toyota Dealer and get the 2005 Tacoma Accessaries booklet. On page 13 it show a red Tacoma with a Snug Top Super Sports Shell. Check

=>Has anyone here put a cap on a 2005 Tacoma? =>

=>I'm not looking for a cap, but the details of how the cap installer =>attached it to your truck. =>

=>Anyone? =>

=>Thanks! =>Barry

Reply to
Moon Shooter

I knoooooooooooooooooooow. That same photo is also online.

But I needed to find out how it was attached, as the new bed has no provision for the standard cap attaching clamp setup.

Thanks anyway! Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I have the snugtop on my 2005 Tacoma Access Cab and it is attached with

6 bolts drilled through the bottom flange of the shell and then clamped to the same rails used for the adjustable tie-downs. And now you know.
Reply to
Baybeeluv