Carfax reports please

Would someone be so kind as to post the Carfax reports for these vehicles.

  1. out of Texas and for sale in Winnipeg, MB - Canada

VIN 5TEWN72N1YZ712929 Year/Make/Model: 2000 TOYOTA TACOMA XTRACAB Body Style: CLUB CAB PICKUP Engine Type: 3.4L V6 EFI DOHC 24V Manufactured In: UNITED STATES Search Results: 14 records found in our database

  1. in Kenora with what looks like a blown motor

VIN JT4RN93P1P5079035 Year/Make/Model: 1993 TOYOTA EXTRA LONG WB DELUXE Body Style: CLUB CAB PICKUP Engine Type: 2.4L L4 EFI/2BL Manufactured In: JAPAN Search Results: 6 records found in our database

asking $2000.00 as is

Thanks in advance, Ross

-- Lake of the Woods, Kenora, ON Canada

Reply to
Ross

Carfax reports cost money. Why don't you go to the web site and get them yourself?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

He's looking for someone that has unlimited access --- you can buy it for a few days or longer and do as many as you want. CARFAX is costly for just a few vehicles --- and then even the results are not worth much (in most cases).

Reply to
Wolfgang

Even if it reveals a vehicle's been in an accident? Why isn't that worthwhile? Or, if the seller says the car spent its whole life in Floriday, but you find out it was registered in Syracuse NY.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Thanks Wolfgang .... this is my thinking exactly. And to top it off - I believed Unlimited meant just that - your info above clued me into the limit to unlimited and now reading the fine print I've *discovered* it's for 30 days only. All the prominent info makes NO mention of this.

JSB - your examples are the best case scenario. My impression from lurking in the group is that more often than not the report is next to worthless and as we know how to circumvent a purchase so do those in the auto industry know how to circumvent the Carfax report system. Your

*assuming* the optimum result is wishful thinking and certainly not based on facts.

I can live without it ..... but my curiosity motivated my post. There is NO substitute for examining the vehicle carefully.

Reply to
Ross

Carfax is offering a promotion for a single vehicle for 1.50

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

.... not.

Search-------------------------------------------------------------- If you are buying a used car, a CarFax report is a real good idea. If you are ready to buy one, until May 16, CARFAX single vehicle history reports are only $1.50 instead of the usual $19.99.

After you enter your VIN number and advance to the next screen, use the dropdown menu to select a single car report for $1.50.

Thanks tho

Reply to
Ross

I have unlimited use until 6-5-06 you still need info?

Reply to
dissembler

Sure!! What's the info?

Grumpy

oooopss! I missed the boat - thanks for trying for me Grumpy ... appreciate the support.

I passed on the 1993 - although it ran good - no major problems with it. I would really like to see the info on the 2000 though - curiousity at this point. Maybe another day ...

Thanks for the offer dissembler.

Reply to
Ross