click and starting problem

I noticed this has been posted but mine will start easily if boosted. About a week ago it would not start or barely turn over, I get a clicking with my 22re toyota pickup (88), battery seems good. If I boost it with a battery pack, it starts well. I also once plugged it into a trickle charger and it started well too. If I boost it, it will likely not start on the next try, with the trickle charge, I got a number of starts, any ideas -- I think it is a bad connection and will disconnect wires from the battery and clean, any thoughts would be appreciated

Reply to
gp

What I found unusual is that the lights turn on, radio, etc. but the car does not turn over, in fact yesterday, at one point it started to turn over slowly and turned over progressively stronger, on the next try it turned over stronger and actually started.

Reply to
gp

Drive by an auto parts store and have them do a FREE battery check for you. The symptoms point to a battery that is on its last legs. If it were the connections it would not start after trickle charging it IE, you are using the same connections before and after topping off the battery.

Reply to
Anyolmouse

Sure sounds like a bad connection somewhere.

Reply to
clare

You can check the key-off current drain on the battery. Shouldn't be more than 300ma.

Also check the following:

http://www.team-> I noticed this has been posted but mine will start easily if boosted.

Reply to
johngdole