Clutch ?

I have a 2000 Taco 2.4 5spd with 65000 miles, I'm just curious about how many miles I should / might get out of my clutch. I realize every situation is different ( freeway driving, stop and go around town, etc). Anyone replace their own, how difficult?

thanks in advance,

Tom

bty I also have 30" tires and stock gearing

Reply to
tombstne

"tombstne" wrote: > I have a 2000 Taco 2.4 5spd with 65000 miles, I'm just > curious about how > many miles I should / might get out of my clutch. I realize > every situation > is different ( freeway driving, stop and go around town, > etc). Anyone > replace their own, how difficult? > > thanks in advance, > > Tom > > bty I also have 30" tires and stock gearing

I have a 1998 Tacoma 4x4 2.7L with 31x11 tires and 190,000 miles and still have not replaced anything on the truck other than my universal joint.

Reply to
Zakalous

190,000 Miles and no work, let me ask purely out of curiousity, why the heck did you buy a 4x4? Surely with that history you dont take it off the bitumen.
Reply to
Scotty

On older model I got 88k -- but towed a light sail boat and drove in heavy DC traffic. Also hauled cement mix, roof shingles, deck materials, stone for projects around the house.

Reply to
Wolfgang

When I first bought it I took it offroad a lot. Now it?s just every now and then. Plus I work on a ranch, so it comes in handy. Not to mention... who wants a small truck? I just love knowing that if I need to go offroad I can.

Reply to
Zakalous