lifting a 4Runner

I am want to raise my 4Runner. Does anyone have any suggestions on height, price range, or any other general information. Thx

Reply to
SilverCobra

What year and how high? What size tire do you want to use?

Reply to
Joseph Wind
95 Toyota 4Runner. I don't know what height. I have been told not to exceed 2-3" by someone else online. Do you have anything to say about that? I also have not looked into wheels yet. What size would be a good tire that may stick out a bit? Thx 4 any help.
Reply to
SilverCobra
95 had two models that year. The early 95s had the drop tailgate, the later 95 had the lift hatch. Also is it a 4x4?

Both have similar suspensions, but the parts are different. More or less it depends on the size of tires you want to use. 33" tires will require at least a 2" lift. Many people have recommended, that the tires should fit the suspension not the other way around. You don't want to spend more money on the suspension, after you find out the tires rub. The amount of your budget is also a factor.

Check out Downey Off-Road, NORwest, Performance Products, for examples of lifts for your 4Runner. 4x4 Warehouse is also a good place but they don't specialize in Toyota, but you can order the same parts though them.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

Yes, it is a 4x4. Mine is a drop tailgate. I don't know much about wheels so I don't know the size. I am trying to make it look cool pretty much, but may take it off road in some pretty rough areas though. I will check out the products that you said. Thanks for the help.

silver cobra

Reply to
SilverCobra