Clutch on a 2WD question

About to do my clutch and I have noticed that the crossmember cannot be removed on my model (97 2WD). Has anyone done a clutch on this type of truck. Can you just back out the tranny from the engine and leave it up on top of the crossmember to change the clutch or do you HAVE to turn it 90 degrees and drop it completely forward?

Thanks for the adviceAbout to do my clutch and I have noticed that the crossmember cannot be removed on my model (97 2WD). Has anyone done a clutch on this type of truck. Can you just back out the tranny from the engine and leave it up on top of the crossmember to change the clutch or do you HAVE to turn it 90 degrees and drop it completely forward?

Thanks for the advice

Reply to
jdsuowner