'06 Tundra - noises

I have an 06 Tundra that is making some strange noises. I have done some reading through archives of various groups and have come up with the following "known" issues from past years:

- ABS reset sound

- Leaf springs "unwinding" after quick stops

- Rear drive shaft requiring lube

With a quick look underneath and Toyota's known quality, I doubt if I have a real problem but a couple of my symptoms include:

- Loud ping from the underside while the truck is just sitting in the garage (motor off) after a drive. (sounds like leaf springs)

- Clunk sometimes heard when starting up (while starter motor is running)

- Clunk when accelerating away from a stoplight.

Any ideas, opinions, similar experiences ?

Reply to
Mike W

I have not had any of these symptoms on my V8 Tundra. In fact, it is amazingly quiet. Maybe something is loose? Check for loose bolts, items in the bed, jack, etc. Take a look under the truck and do a careful inspection. Maybe a lost bolt?

Reply to
Phisherman