clutch problem with 2000 tundra

Driving home from work, my clutch petal began sticking to the floor -- I'd have to pull it up with my foot. However when it was stuck to the floor, the clutch was engaged. When I got home (finally), I turned off the engine, with the transmission in neutral if I depress the clutch petal about half way, at a certain point it takes over on it's own and continues all the way to the floor with out me pushing it. At that point the clutch is engaged. If I pull it up manually, it seems to reset itself to normal. Weird. I plan on getting it to my mechanic tomorrow but just wondering if anyone has any idea what the problem might be. The truck as about 50k miles on it.

Thanks!

Reply to
speckking

Here's what i "could" deduce from your post, as written above, if i were to assume that you posted the ONLY symptom that the Tundra has at this time concerning the clutch system, and if I were one to assume that every customer relayed all the pertinent background info needed to narrow down the diagnostic tree, and if i were the type to suggest the most common items in a basic clutch system, and if i were the type that didn't need solid information to in order to save you time and money, and if i were'nt a tech, and if i was willing to guess, or if i didn't have a clue, or if i only wanted to troll, or if i was more interested in impressing you than i was about helping you, or if i was an idiot...........

but, me be'n me.....have'n an anal personality, lack of patients, low tolerence for ignorance, fond passion for good humor, and over 30 years in automotive repair......... I will need more info before come'n to a suggested path of repair.

so..... ONE Question...more may follow later.

Question:: The only time you have a problem is when the pedal goes to the floor and you have to pull it back up, at which time the clutch works perfectly and the pedal feels like a new truck, all the while not hearing any strange noises or feeling any weird vibrations.... correct?

A yes or no question. More questions may follow depending on your answer. A reply to your answer will be posted.

quick....easy ..cheap fix???? easiest...quickest..cheapest????

ok.....

tie a string to it and yank.

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his mushroom tea....takes a toke........~

Reply to
Marsh Monster