colorado steering

I recently put my toyota colorado in for an mot it failed on the bushes that are used to mount the steering rack were worn. the only one that i am able to replace is the D shaped one the other two are part of the rack and are not sold separately. i have had the rack off and the bushes look fine and i have replaced the D shaped one, but the rack still moves when steering. all i want to know is if it should move or if it should be held fast.

Reply to
tractordave

Dude, I so hope you're a troll, because if you're not....

...try again on the brand and model of your truck.

Stew

Reply to
S.Lewis

what is a Toyota Colorado? is that the land Cruiser colorado?

Reply to
notmyrealname

Good guess and I'll be damned. My apologies to the original poster. I don't ever recall vehicles from two different brands bearing the same model name or style, but here it is:

Again, sorry for my initial response. I thought the post was in error but I was wrong.

Stew

Reply to
S.Lewis

I think tractordave means a toyota tacoma, we have two in our family. I have checked ours and there is some movement in the rack and pinion unit. The 98 moves slightly more than tyhe 2000. We put the new D shaped bushing on the 98 from a 4x4 shop made out of uretane instead of rubber, seems to eliminate some of the movement. Scott

Reply to
zonie

The original poster is from the UK as he talks about a MOT (ministry of transport inspection). So I at first figured it was not a North American model. who knows what Toyota makes for that market maybe they brand the highlander as a Colorado. I think that it is the Land cruiser though.

Reply to
notmyrealname