Diagnostics tester suggestions?

I Have a (1988 TOYOTA - EFI SR5 PICKUP V6-2958cc 3.0L F/I 3VZE)

I'm looking for a reasonably priced Diagnostics tester. Problem is, I cant locate one for the year of my vehicle. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Chris TN. USA

Reply to
Chris

I don't believe your vehicle has a diagnostic connector as such. You will need to jumper two terminals and count the check engine light blinks to get any codes. Is the CEL on? Why do you think you need the diagnostic reader? Ed

Reply to
ed_herman

I know for a fact that there is a diagnostic Port as far back as 1991.. My 94' Has a Diagnostic Port right next to the Fuse Panel under the hood. The Port is NOT OBD2. I remember going somewhere to have a code read, and they couldn't do it cause all they had were obd2 (post 96') readers.. The Port I'm referring to could go earlier then 91' I'm not entirely sure, although there is not one on my 86'.... any info would be helpful, as I'd like info on it as well.. Thanks, Ian

Reply to
eze