Drain holes in truck bed?

I just purchased a new '04 DC Tacoma and found two 3" diameter holes in the truck bed with rubber inserts as caps. I asked the dealer what this was for and he said that they were drain holes. I pointed out that there were already drain holes up against the front of the bed were there is an intentional gap 1" long between the front of the bed and the floor of the bed. At this point the dealer just shrugged his shoulders? Does anybody have a better explanation? I've pulled the rubber caps/inserts and can't see anything below them that would only be accessible through the holes so I don't think they are access holes? Has anybody welded plates over them?

Thanks.

Reply to
Kellsie

Could they be holes to allow the mounting of a roll-bar? Probably a silly question...

Tom - Vista, CA

Reply to
TOM

Drains still. If you weld them up, you'll get rust. You be in the same boat with plugged drains, rust.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

The pig tail for my cabover camper is run through it.

Reply to
MBOSCHERT

If they're drain holes, they're pretty useless if they plug them up.

Reply to
No One