Edmunds vs Kelley for vehicle appraisals

In pricing out my vehicle I had tried Kelley. I now see that Edmunds has a similar site. Edmunds doesn't have a check box for the features, power this and that, and so on. Further, I don't see any condition options, or miles. Why?

Reply to
W. eWatson

"W. eWatson" found these unused words:

Guess you're not looking closely ...

as an example !

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Well, you certainly know something that I don't. Yes, I see the options on the link you gave. Here's my path, which seemingly should get to it, but doesn't. .

Reply to
W. eWatson

"W. eWatson" found these unused words:

Blue Box, to the right of the image; "Appraise Your Car"

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien

Yes, I had that, but the real place to look is further down the page where the option choices are. Strangely it does not have options for power brakes, windows, camper shell, and other features. Maybe those are standard equipment. Worse though is the price is about $2000 lower than on KBB. Maybe the do and maybe they don't take into consideration the items I just mention into a base price. They do have 5 rating categories, whereas KBB has 4.

Reply to
W. eWatson

"W. eWatson" found these unused words:

KBB is 'for the dealers'. This so they can charge more on their lots - 'give you more' against inflated sales 'invoices'.

Chose reality - or 'list'.

Camper shells are not a part of the car. You ad on the 'value', if any!

Most are nearly junk by the time the car is traded or sold.

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien