engine noise at start up

ok this is the problem its 2.7 tac 133567 mile no smoke or leaks when u start it up on a cold day or after 4 hrs later if u just let it
idle its fine but if u try to take off u get this knocking noise get louder if u accelerate ore so my question is whats the sings of a oil pump going out?? after it warm up the noise is gone even after u drive an d restart it iam running 5-30 in it now should u go thicker with the miles i have now could this have any thing to do with valve adjustment?? i was told it would be about 487.0 0 for one is this true that much please let me know
BAIN15
mine does the same. been told it's a valve lifter, and until oil pressure builds up, it knocks. cold starts, especially in winter. usually only once a day, at first startup.
i've been seeing/hearing this for 50-70k, with no problems. i have 195k on it now. no oil leaks, doesn't seem to use/burn oil, i hardly even check it anymore.
i use 15-50 synthetic on advice from a "yota" friend, not sure if it's correct but hasn't seemed to cause any probs.
never a single problem with the truck other than cracked exhaust mainfold( replaced with a downey header) and a throttle sensor ($50 part).
I'll keep driving it til it dies but DO wonder if i should be doing a timing chain at some point????.......