engine reving with A/C

I have a 1991 with a 4cyl 22Re, 150K miles. Last summer the A/C light on the button stopped lighting up when pushed so I thought maybe the A/C needed serviced. Had it checked and charged (it was down just a little). At about the same time I noticed that the engine will rev up and down when at idle and the A/C is on. It will rev about 500 rpms for a few seconds then back down then up and back; it will do this for a long time. The A/C works fine, just no light on the button and the revving. Any suggestions? Thanks H-S-F

Reply to
help-slip-franklin

There is an adjustment for that behind the golve box. It has to be removed to get to it. It called the AC amplifier. The bulb can be replaced on the control.

Reply to
Wolfgang