EZ way to verify 4WD

I'm on my 3rd Wrangler (a '99 TJ Sport w/ BFG AT KO 31x10.50's, sway bar disconnects, an air locker, and hitches at both ends to swap a winch back and forth), and have to ask if you've actually had other vehicles.

It is what it is, and solid axles, a high CG, short wheelbase, no ABS, and lots of unsprung weight, it ain't great on any paved road.

With the top and doors off, slowly moving down a beach or forest road, THAT'S another story!

Reply to
Bonehenge

ABS is great on the road. When you go off road, either pull the fuse, or rig up a switch that will defeat the ABS. Nothing is as scary as heading for a drop off with your foot hard on the brake pedal while the computer allows the tires to turn, preventing the *evil* lock-up!

Can you say, white knuckles??? :>))

Reply to
TOM