Repair Manual

Hi All just a question i have tried to find a repair manual for my 97 RAV4 and

have had no luck. i live in the Dominican Republic and it is a little difficult finding such things down here. Does any have and or know where i could download maybe a PDF copy of this?

Reply to
El Bori

No; or at least not for free. The official Factory Service Manuals (FSMs) are not on line and the FSMs that do appear on line are taken down after a short while, presumably as a result of legal action.

The FSMs are available (in the United States) from Toyota North America. If they don't ship to the DR they might be able to refer you to an alternate source, Mexico perhaps.

Thanks to Seaweed Steve from my Tacoma list

who did the research:

Mike Harris

Mike thank you for the info. it seems that is the route i'll have to go, but your links are very good thank you again...

Mike Harris wrote:

El Bori

Well, you could start at the Official Source - TMS-Caribbean ;-)

or write the office in Santo Domingo, and ask them. That way youget the manual that covers the variants they sell there. Calling TMS-USA would work - but you would get the USA version of the books, and they make the vehicles slightly different for our markets as opposed to the world markets. We had the emissions mandates to go to Fuel Injection and OBD-II computer controls first.

And you can get the Toyota Coaster bus - if they could bring them over here, they would be an instant hit for self-contained motorhome (caravan) conversions. Saves much of the coachbuilding work of making weathertight bodies, just fit out the interior.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Thanks for the link but it is for purchasing a new vechicle and not what i'm looking for...

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

Reply to
El Bori

Yes, I kind of figured that out already... ;-P But that does not necessarily mean that they can not get you the books you need. Let me draw you a map:

If they are selling new vehicles, they need some sort of a Parts Department to support the cars they sell. Repair parts, warranty replacement parts (new engines and transmissions in a crate) maintenance supplies, special fluids and lubricants.

Call or write, and ask if they can get you a Factory Repair Manual. Try not to be too surprised when they say yes.

The local distributor probably orders direct from a large Toyota parts depot in Japan, the USA or Europe, and every few weeks (when they have enough to fill up a shipping container) it heads off to Santo Domingo. Or it comes along with the next batch of new cars.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Bruce Not to sound to high and mighty. things here in the DR do not work like they do in the "real world". do not get me wrong since i have moved here i have had both good and bad experinces. But for things that you would take for granted in the states do not work the same way here.

I have gone to the major dealers here and they are very tight with information like that. in the states you can find these manuals in just about any auto parts store. not here... But i do want to thank you for the info...

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

Reply to
Rav Stuff