gas tank pressure

Quick survey: how much pressure do you find builds in your fuel tank? I get a lot of pressure when I remove the gas cap on my 93 V-6 pickup, especially
as the tank nears empty. Plus the fuel line at the top of the tank has blown out twice. It's patched up with expoxy. I've changed the fuel filter, and tried disconnecting the tank vent line at the charcoal cannister to see if it made any difference -- it didn't.
Wondering if this is normal.
Thanks, Robert
definately something is wrong if it's blowing the fuel line off. i don't have my FSM here at work, so my guess would be that the check valve in the gas cap is stuck closed allowing too much pressure to build up. maybe a new gas cap would solve your problems. check this out for info on the evap system: http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h62.pdf
Thanks Mike. I do have a replacement cap, supposedly the right one for the application. I'll check it. Diagram below is very useful!
Robert

The Ultimate Rally is the world championship of street racing. 7 days, 3000 miles, 200mph and US$ 2 million prize money.
Greetings,
K i m b l e Founder of the Ultimate Rally. w w w . k i m b l e . o r g
--
tripleaction3