Good Cleaner/Wax for '97 Taco

Hi,

The wax I have been using on my truck (97 Taco with 93,000 city miles) seems to have lost it's magic. There are a bunch of little white spots on the hood and roof that no longer go away when I wax her. I am afraid to just use a cleaner on her for fear I will bore right through the color. If you know a good cleaner/wax or if you can give me simple directions on what kind of cleaner to use and how to safely apply it I would sure appreciate it.

Puffer

Reply to
Puffer Bradley

Check out Meguire's. They have a whole series of cleaners/restorers that work absolutely fantastically, and won't harm clearcoat finishes.

You're looking for the little red bottles with numbers. I believe Number 1 is what you're looking for.

Or, if you can handle a buffer, get some 3M Microfinish or Fill 'n Glaze and buff *lightly*!

Reply to
HachiRoku

Nu-Finish. The best cleaner-wax I've found.

Whether or not a one-step cleaner-wax should be used at all is another question. Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Ken

You really like it then? I've used the green can TR3 which is okay, and the Maguire's Body Scrub (does that sound like some kind of scam or what? Can you picture a TV ad talking about "deep cleansing" of the pores and all that) and it, too, was okay. Could you elaborate on Nu Finish and the question of cleaner waxes? I have a feeling I'm about to learn a thing or two.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
1 Of The Masses

I've been using Zymol lately with good results. It's a little harder to use than the liquid Mcquire's (sp) product that I used before and more expensive. Found it at Costco once and decided to give it a try.

Reply to
Steve

I bought a can of Zymol for $10 at CAP's. Shoulda bought 2!

Reply to
HachiRoku

Thank you all, (Gee I wonder if that should be Thank you, all) any way Thanks, I will be trying some of this new stuff this weekend.

Puffer

Reply to
Puffer Bradley