head replacement on toy V6 engine

Have a 3.4 liter V6 engine that needs one head replaced. We have located a supplier of rebuilt heads but I'm wondering if it's okay to just replace 1 head or if you have to replace both even though one has no problems?

TIA Wormsign

Reply to
WormSign

One cylinder head to original spec would be fine. Just don't put a tuner modified on one bank and OEM on the other. The ECU can go schizophrenic. Use Fel-Pro Multi-Layer Steel head gasket if available and make sure the cooling system is up to par. At least the rad cap should be one with a spring-loaded vacuum return valve (like a Stant cap instead of a Denso).

Reply to
johngdole