Hood Scoop?

I have a question for you knowledgeable folks. My 2007 Taco has one of those fake hood scoops. Looking at the scoop it wouldn't take much to make it functional. Is there any advantage to doing so, or will it screw something up. I presume there is some reason that Toyota didn't do it.

Thanks, Jay Cups

Reply to
JayCups

It's purely a trim piece that's specific to the TRD-Sport line. There's nothing to be gained, and a potential for screwing this up if you open it. The engine compartment already has a ventilation scheme, best to leave it alone. The "scoop" is also not located in an appropriate place to make it effective in any way.

Reply to
DanG

Yeah, I figured as much. There isn't much value in that Turd package. Thanks for the response.

Jay

DanG wrote:

Reply to
JayCups