Help - I cannot get Toyota's EPC to run.

I downloaded the two Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC) zip files from:

I unzipped the files (preserving the directory structure) and burned them onto two CD-ROMS. I loaded both CDs and installed the EPC program (I have two CD-ROM drives and specified them both during the installation). After launching EPC, I went to the "CD Setup" page and checked the box for "European are version" and added A1 CD-ROM and A2 CD-ROM, then hit F10:Execute. Some files were copied to my hard drive. But when I try to use the EPC, I get an error message stating, "Execute the set up."

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any assistance!

Reply to
DeepDiver

One thing to check is that it'll only run on a hard disk (or partition) of 2GB or smaller. I have it running on my laptop (XP Pro) and I set up a 2GB C:/boot partition and installed the EPC software there. Works fine.

Reply to
Roger Brown

Hi Roger,

I had considered that and tried several different partitions. I tried an

11GB partition (1.8GB free); it installed fine--including the CD Setup procedure--but it still gave me the "Execute the set up" error message. I also tried a 500MB partition (300MB free); again it installed fine but gave me the error. Finally, I tried a 60GB partition (19GB free); it would not install properly stating there was not enough disk space available.

Any other ideas?

- Michael