EPC help!

I have douwnloaded the EPC from Yankee toys and I am unable to get them to load onto my computer. I have a 20 gig hard drive and the setup wizzard keeps telling me that there is not enough room. I have tried the instructions that are listed at Yankee Toys but no luck. these in fact...

"The EPC program is very old which means it does not understand todays massive hard drives. There are two solutions to this problem. First, you can copy random data to your hard disk into a temporary folder until the error goes away. You can delete the data after you install the program."

I guess what I am needing is more specific instructions...step by step if you would.

Thanks.

Reply to
Bugdude

What OS are you running? Under Win98 you could create a Ram Drive, install it that drive and then copy the installed directory to your HD, before you power down. If your running XP or Win2K, check to see if you have any unallocated space on your HD, if not, you could mount a smaller drive, USB, or flash drive, depending on how much space you need.

Sounds like a DOS program, in most cases, XP and Win2K will not run properly.

View this thread:

Joseph Wind

I took a look at Yankee Toys site. Looks like you'll need at least 2GB. How much free space do you have? One other thing you can try is re-copying one the EPC file or larger, over and over, until you reduce the free space. If you have 10GB of free space, you'll have to re-copy a 500MB file at least

16 times to have at least 2GB free space. Use the copy and paste. It may take a while.

Don't forget to delete the copies after your done.

Good Luck! JW

Reply to
Joseph Wind

That's sad. It should run under linux and DOSEMU though.

Reply to
Chuck