Hilux 2.8 Diesel Glow Plug.

When I removed my glow plugs for replacement, one snapped off at the element right below the thread and has stayed tightly jammed in the cylinder head. I have no problem starting with one plug U/S but would prefer to remove it if there is an easy way. I have tried running the motor to "blow it out" , didn't work. I tried getting a self tapping screw into it but the white insulating powder in the element wont let the thread get started, and I think it is jammed too hart to pull out that way anyhow. I would like to hear from anyone who has found a way to remove the stub without removing the head.

Thanks. Phill.

Reply to
phill

I know of an engine engineer who regularly has to drill out glow plugs for mercedes (snapping glowplugs apparently are a common problem with the 3L,

5cyl engine), he drills it so precise he can remove the thin film of the element which is still left with a scraper, but... this is with the head removed..and he has his machines equipped specially for this type of heads. If things comes to the worse, there might be an engineering workshop around your place, which can do the same. W

Reply to
wd205