How to reset MAINT light on a '03 4Runner?

What tool do I need? Do I need a OBDII reader? How about disconnect the battery cable? Thanks.

Reply to
DTT

What does your owner's manual say? Don't have one? Call your dealer.

bearman

Reply to
bearman

None of that. Here's what you do:

-Make sure the odometer is reading total mileage, not trip A or B

-Turn the ignition off

-Press and hold the odometer reset button (located at about 7:00 on the left instrument cluster rim, I think)

-While holding the reset button turn the ignition to the ON position

-should take several seconds, but the MAINT light will blink a few times and then go off

Reply to
qslim

Thanks qslim. It works. You save me time to browse thru a >1000 page Service Manual. Thanks a bunch.

Reply to
DTT

I don't think you need a 1,000-page service manual. Your owners manual should tell you how to do it. And even if you have to use the 1,000-page service manual, you should use the index.

Bearman

Reply to
bearman

If you don't have anything to contribute of helping other, pls refrain yourselves from posting. We are all thankful.

Reply to
DTT

Will you please refrain from posting questions the answers to which can be found in your owner's manual. I will help people who have questions not covered in the manual. Bearman

Reply to
bearman

Hey Bearman you seem to know alot! Could you tell me where to find the throttle cable on my V8 03

4Runner??? I have been searching for it TIA C
Reply to
CDEWITT Webtv.net

YAWN.

Reply to
bearman

You dont know either HUH?

Reply to
CDEWITT Webtv.net

I think you're yanking my chain. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

Reply to
bearman