installing new catalytic converter question

1993 4WD stdbed, 22RE.

I am replacing my exhaust system, downpipe back. And the new cat I got is a bosal 099-448:

I can't find any direction arrow on it at all. I've looked and looked. And at this point, I'm not even sure which way the shield should go. I have the heat shield down right now, seeing a heat shield above it on the floorboard - thinking it might provide some slight impact protection from rocks kicked up on the road - and I have the fixed pipe flange on the engine side (adjustable flange on muffler side).

anybody with some experience with this cat?

thanks, jim

Reply to
jim

I'd think the flange would face toward the engine so it can be bolted to the manifold pipes.

Reply to
: P

Heat shield would go between the cat & the vehicle body

Reply to
sqdancerLynn