loose seat

I have a 2003 4Runner and also have a loose seat. My dealership has replaced the seat twice and tightened and retightened everything that has to do with the seat. Infact in the course of removing the seat 3 times they dinged the door panel each time and had to replace it. They also banged up the door jam and had to repaint. They have come to the conclusion that the seat is as it is....I have been told that if I test drove several of the new vehicles on the lot I would find the same issue. I have wanted this truck for many years and now am disappointed at the quality. It drive wonderfully and even my 2 wheel drive model does great in the snow. I traded in a 2 year old Rodeo because it had a squeak that couldn't be quieted----if I could afford it I would give them back this 4Runner also. I don't think it to much to ask to have a quality truck for $30,000+.

Carol

Reply to
Carol Bures

Common problem but unavoidable really unless you are willing to take it to yoru local panel works fella and have him/her modify the runners on the seat rails. Something that Toyota will not pay for Id imagine.

Reply to
Scotty