manual and cruise

Ok, probably a silly question, but can I put an aftermarket cruise control on my manually shifted 94 pickup 4x4? Thanks

Reply to
Jason McDannold

Sure, you either hook up a clutch switch or connect to a tach signal and the cruise control detects the engine RPM change when you shift gears. I put one in my VW diesel pickup with 5-speed:

Roger Brown

I had an Audiovox unit on mine. I had to set the unit to "8 cylinder" because it would not cruise with the RPM above 2800, meaning a 65mph cruise was tops.

I really only had two complaints.... it obviously cannot shift for you, so if the road is anything but flat, maintaining 70+ required disengaging the cruise and downshifting. The other thing I didn't like was that, since there is no clutch pedal sensor, the unit sensed clutch release via engine RPM... any sudden increase (or decrease, such as in an accident) resulted in the unit shutting off.... the problem is, tapping the clutch resulted in a VROOOOM before release. I would always hit the "off" button on the unit's control box before tapping the clutch... either that or tap the brakes, but tapping the brakes was generally the last thing I wanted to do if I was preparing to downshift to climb a hill :)

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

Yes, but make sure you install the kill swtich ont eh cluthc pedal. I woulndt do it anyway.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Yes you can

has the FINEST aftermarket cruise available. ALL parts included and Detailed instructions and Installers notes.

Price? About $140

That's less than jcwhitney

Reply to
Im Right

So, can you get a Toyota factory installed cruise control on a vehicle with manual transmission? Or is cruise control limited to autos? This question hadn't really occurred to me until reading this thread.

Reply to
Jim Mc

I have it on my '97 Taco, works great.

Reply to
Dan G

Yes, I've got it on my 2003 Tundra.

J.

Reply to
O'B

FWIW, I had factory cruise on my 83 and 84 P/U's, both purchased new. Bill W

Reply to
Bill Wolcott

Works. I had one in my old Volvo 240. Very nice for highghway speeds.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

I put an Eqqus aftermarket cruise on my Toy pickup just after I bought it new in 93. Cost was about $60 and it still works fine.

"Bill Wolcott" wrote in news:uP6eb.38439$ snipped-for-privacy@fe3.columbus.rr.com:

My wife has one on her 5speed RAV4.

Reply to
Rich