my 92 pick up 4clyd

Hey guys i am new to this forum and i and in dire need of some help. My truck has been through hell and back has over 197,000 miles and as of this summer it started acting up real bad. It all started with some nice texas heat ( gotta love that ), and what happened was at about 2 o'clock i went out to my truck for luch and it wouldnt start. so i stayed at work for the day and at about 5'oclock i got back in the truck and it started right up so i was like "cool " well now its really screwed up, the truck wont stay running. It will start off idleing high when i start it cold an then when it warms up it goes to normal idle. I have the truck to where it will idle but thats about it, when i get in to drive it, it stalls out about 2 feet away from where it was parked. I tried the carb clean thing and thats how i got it to stay on durring idle ( before it would only run for a couple of min an then it would surge and shutdown) Any way the point is i need lots of help and some suggestions to get my truck running again.

Reply to
slothmite

Is it getting fuel?

Is the fuel pressure ok?

Is the cat open or plugged up?

Is the o2 sensor output ok?

Is the TPS working ok?

Reply to
M. Cantera

Along those lines, how long has it been since you changed the fuel filter? PCV valve? And other tune-up items....

Reply to
Tony