My new 2003 Tundra. A few Questions.

I just got a new 2003 Tundra SR5. It was what the salesman called a demonstrator showroom model. It has a few options that I don't know much about, and a few things I should have added but didn't. The first thing I don't know much about is the Dual Exhaust. It looks cool and sounds good but other than that I'm clueless. The exhaust system says Bassani on the muffler. Also It didn't come with fog lamps. I didn't think much of it at the time but now I would like to have them. Is that something that I could do myself? Anyone know where I could buy them online? or would it be better to go back to the dealer service department? I also would like to have the reciever hitch. would it be better to go with a aftermarket or buy one from Toyota?

Thanks,

Greg

Reply to
Greg

The Bassani ust have been a dealer or port add-on. Fog Lights can be added, the wiring is there, Check on Tundrasolutions.com, a dealer affialiated with the site, puts together a package to add foglights which includes all the parts necessary. Aftermarket hitch is usually cheaper. You will also need a taillight converter to complete the wiring for a trailer.

Reply to
Glenn Arsenault

Thanks Glenn

I did find the link for the fog lamp kit, but it sounds a bit complicated for me to to. I didn't understand if they were set to come on with the headlights or if a switch had to be installed.

I have another qestion for Tundra owners. After driving a while when I shut it off it makes little pinging and crackling noises. Is this normal?

Thanks

Greg

Reply to
Greg