new tires/wheels and TPMS

When my '05 Tundra needs new tires in another couple of months, I have been looking at some nice wheels from American Racing to replace the steel ones. I have been trying to find out if there is a way to either swap the sensors or overdisable the TPMS. I understand the sensors are pricey.. Is there some way to disable the system without having to rip the entire dash apart?? Folks have not been forthcoming about the information on the sensors.

What has worked on your tundra??

Suggestions please??

Reply to
Noon-Air

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 20:34:12 -0500, Noon-Air tossed this out for all to see:

I cut a small, circular piece of electrical tape to stick over the yellow icon in the dash. it's quite painless to get it apart.

Reply to
Janitor Boy Jr