Other coolant options?

I have a 1999 Tacoma with about 28,000 miles. I got it as a "Toyota certified pre-owned" with 3600 miles, so the coolant has either 24,400 or

28,000 miles on it.

I am not really happy with my local Toyota dealers, and was wondering if there are coolant options that are equal to the Toyota long life stuff.

What say you?

Reply to
Doug Herr

Buy the coolant from them, and give all your other maintenance money to someone else. If you use a different coolant, they could use that as a (possibly lame) reason why something failed under the hood.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I also have a V-6 '99 Tacoma 4X4 extra cab that I purchased last year with 75K on the odometer. I had the transmission flushed and after a talk with the local Toyota service manager put Peak Long Life anti-freeze in it.(

)He said that they were not demanding that Toyotas propietary anti-freeze be used anymore.

Of course, mine is not a certified truck and I don't have to satisfy anyone but me.

-- Jarhead

Reply to
Jarhead

Cool, thanks. I am no longer bound by the extended warranty that was part of the "Toyota certified" thing; it ran out 5 or 6 months ago.

Reply to
Doug Herr