Passenger side water in Tacoma

Had a little water dripping inside cab on the passenger side floor mat. Looks to be coming from the firewall. Was running AC. Dealer service said they've had a couple in with a AC condenser drain plugged.

Can I get to this instead of incurring a $XX charge?

2002 Tacoma 4 door V6 automatic
Reply to
DJ Bjorklund

If it is the drain it is an easy fix. There is a black tube (about 1/2" diameter) coming out of the ventilation system and it normally drains the A/C evaporator coil. It should drop the condensed water under the truck along the bottom edge of the fire wall on the passenger side. Take a coat hanger and softly push the hanger up to clear any clog.

CAUTION: Pushing too aggressively can puncture the A/C coils meaning $$$$.

If it was actually clogged, you may want to figure out why. What got inside and how. If it's just dust buildup, just clearing the clog should work.

Good Luck, Paul.

Reply to
Paul.

A friend of mine had the same problem, but the clog was due to an alarm installer using the drain as a conduit to get into the cab. I don't know if the same applies, but it's possible.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

FWIW, Tacoma 2002 DC doesn't have the hose, but a bent (aluminum?) tube coming out of a gasket. Thge tube should point down (naturally!). If it doesn't then water can slow and plug with dust/dirt (hey, these are OR trucks!).

For min, I rotated the tube to face the firewll (it moves freely!) and blew it out with a couple puffs from my recovery kit's tire inflator and a small tube nozzle it had.

Got a lot more watern than I'd expected too!

Best keep this BB open, I think - another for the spring/fall check list.

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 17:06:14 -0700, "Paul." found these unused words floating about:

Reply to
Sir F. A. Rien