2002 Chrysler T&C A/C condensate on floor

I have a 2002 Chrysler Town & Country with a 3 zone automatic A/C. A/C condensate leaks on the passenger floor. The van is still under warranty, so my dealer is working on it. I cannot convince him that it's condensate and not outside rain water. He sealed up the windows and kick panels. His last fix was to seal up the cabin filter door. I don't know if he removed the filter before he did it or the filter is still there. I told him that the fix may be found in TSB 24-008-02 (A/C - Evaporator Drain Water Leaks to Interior), but my suggestion falls on deaf ears.. Does anyone know what this TSB says the fix is? It will save me from buying the entire CD of service bulletins from ALLDATA. Thanks.

Greg

Reply to
Greg & Jo Carroll

Greg

(A/C - Evaporator Drain Water Leaks to Interior),

I have seen this a lot over the years. Usually the condensate drain. Get the car on a lift. It will probably be a rubber hose that is clogged up with dirt from the condensate pan. Bob AZ

Reply to
RWatson767

Hi Greg,

I had the same trouble with our 2001 Chrysler filling the right side front mat with water. It was coming from the AC drain as it goes through the firewall all cars that I had in the past had a drain hose on the outside that runs the drain AC water down. I was told that Chrysler did not install this on 2001 and 2002 vans, I think to save a couple of bucks. I looked in the back of our owners manual and got the 800 number to Chrysler and call they looked up the TSB and I returned to the dealer with this information and they installed a drain line and a seal under the hood at the firewall on the AC drain tube and all has been fine. They did not dry out the inside of our van and I pulled up the carpet and removed the right front seat and put two big fans in side and let them run for about a week to dry it our. As we are in Florida the AC runs all the time. Good Luck,

Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg & Jo Carroll" Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.chrysler Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2003 8:55 PM Subject: 2002 Chrysler T&C A/C condensate on floor

Reply to
R Davis

Make : CHRYSLER Model : VOYAGER Year : 2001 Service Bulletin Num : 2400802 Date of Bulletin: AUG 12, 2002 Component: VISIBILITY:DEFROSTER/DEFOGGER SYSTEM Summary: CUSTOMER MAY COMPLAIN THAT THE HVAC DRAIN WATER LEAKS UNDER PASSENGER SIDE CARPET. *TT

R L

Reply to
R Davis

Thanks for your help. The installation of the drain hose fixed the problem.

Reply to
Greg & Jo Carroll