Question #1 / Cat Conv. Repl.

Folks:

I'm going to install a new cat back exhaust on my 99 Tacoma 4WD XCAB TRD.

Since i'm already down there, and since the old Girl is running a little sluggish, I thought i'd replace the Cat as well.

I want a free-flow cat and found a couple of companies that make them (welding required of course), but just for my own interest, I called my 'discount Toyota parts dealer' to get a quote on a new, OEM Cat.

$795.00 with the discount.

Question(s):

  1. Why are 1999 and up cat's so high when 1975-1998 are like 0 bucks.

  1. Does anyone see any potential problems with a welded on free flow cat? (O2 sensor issues). This new cat has the recepticle for mounting the sensor.

Walt Birmingham, AL

99 Tacoma 4WD XCab TRD 02 Tacoma DBL Cab Prerunner TRD (Wife's)
Reply to
WaltMattil