Question for the experts.... Revisited.

I finally got a code reader and confirmed what I thought, P0500 - vehicle speed sensor malfunction.

Ok, what I don't understand is this.

If you disconnect the VSS, the speedo and odo stop working, but tach continues to work. So if the VSS is malfunctioning, and my tach is NOT working, wouldn't it be something else that is malfunctioning as well, or something that is dependent upon the VSS??

Thanks for any opinions, suggestions, or thoughts.

RedForeman

Reply to
RedForeman