Re: 95 Tacoma Engine lite

I have the same problem with my 95 1/2 tacoma with 136k. We first baught no problems than the light came on. It ran fine, just the check engine light came on. WE took it to toyota they said it was a miss fireing piston but it wasn't. They shut off the light and than it came on a week later. We took it to our local shop and they said the same thing. Light came back on and went back. Again the light came on. It was than on for about 45,000 mile(turning off every know and than when I unhooked the battery). I have done a couple of things to my truck since than. I put a K&N air filter in place of the cheep stock toyota filter and I added a throttle body extention. Light would take longer to come on but it eventually did. THan I decided to start using Ultra Premium gas instead of reagular. Light has been off for about 4 months (longest since I baught the car).

Reply to
Jake