Re: Changing the headlight assembly on '97 4-Runner

Assuming it is like my '98, the grill is not fastened to the headlights. You remove the grill by releasing the clips from the front with a straight screwdriver. Then it works better for me to take the clips from the metal(1/4th turn?) and install them in the removed grill, to reinstall. I don't know about the piece under the headlight, but it is not part of the grill. Good luck, just be cautious.

Reply to
ed_herman