changing a headlight

The headlight on my 1997 Miata just went out. Is it easy to install a new one? Thanks for any help here!

Reply to
sallyk

It is very easy. There is a metal ring that holds the headlight in place. Remove the metal ring, be sure not to turn or remove the screws that adjust the headlight angle. If you look closely, you can tell the difference between the two sets of screws. Once the metal ring is off, the headlight comes out and a plug pulls out of the back of it. Installation is in reverse.

The black button on your dash will raise the headlights to work on them. Some people like to detach the battery at this point to be 100% certain that the headlights do not go back down while your fingers are in there. It is not a likely occurence, but it could be bad for your fingers and/or car if it happened.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Thanks Pat!! Great advise - that was really nice of you to respond. I'll do the job tonight

Reply to
sallyk