05 Tacoma trailer wire harness

I didnt buy the tow package with my new 05 Tacoma access cab.

Does anyone know if there is a connector for a trailer wire harness already installed on the tail light harness?

I have not been able to find a 05 after market wire harness yet.

I hate to splice wires but that may be my only choice right now.

Thanks!

Reply to
Tom

My '05 came with the tow package. I haven't paid very close attention but I do remember reading somewhere that the fuses for the trailer light connection are located behind the driver's side tail light. I also hear a relay clicking from that area whenever I hit the keyless entry and the turn signals flash. This makes me think that there is some kind of relay/fuse/wiring harness tie in located there.

Hope this helps Paulie

Reply to
Paulie(not working!!!!)

Not unless you got the towing package. You can get about any cheap aftermarket wire harness to work, but I suggest a factory one. It cost more money, but it is built as well as the rest of the truck.

Reply to
Eddie

The adapters from the Drawtite/Reese group are very good quality...Drawtite, Reese, Wesbar, HiddenHitch, maybe NAPA, maybe U-Haul. You'll need the T-One connector and the 3-wire to 2-wire taillight converter. Ask at a dealership if the 2005 takes the same parts as the 2004...then buy the Drawtite for a better price.

Ken

Eddie wrote:

Reply to
Ken Shelton

It doesnt.

I ordered the harness kit from a Toyota dealer.

BTW, where is a good Toyota Parts discounter on the internet?

Thanks all!

Reply to
Tom