Re: US Senate May take away our choices of SUVs, Pickups, and other light trucks!

horses.
attack again. A pair of liberal, U.S. Senators has fallen in lock step with the extremists who are dead set on dictating what kind of vehicle you drive. And they have your SUV on the most wanted list.California's Sen. Diane Feinstein and Illinois' Sen.

amendments to the Energy Bill that would essentially force SUVs, pickups and

Great! I'd _love_ for my truck to get better gas mileage! Frankly, I can't see any reason for SUVs and trucks to be exempt from some such standards.
I remember when pickup trucks were exempt from emissions controls, while cars were not. Truck owners and the manufacturers groused about it when they were forced into conformity with passenger cars' emission standards, but nowadays trucks run as well as cars, and just as clean.
So, how soon will I be able to buy one of these technological wonders?
Tom S
P.S. - I hope Senators Durbin and Feinstein act as diligently to go after spammers and cross-posters!
Yeah...I recall that from the news. So, in effect, it does nothing to dissuade soccer mommies from buying 12 mile per gallon hogs.

Truck/SUV