Re: Where the XXXX is the oil filter on my '88 4 cyl. 4x4 'Yota PU?

sounds like you have my truck or one just like it

I used to own an 88 without fuel injection.

It was only a 4 speed. People told me It was considered the 1 Ton model (what ever that meant)

I put a 5 speed in it and that resulted in remarkable high gearing.

Sh> > > I cannot find it. Anywhere. Can someone give me a location as to where > > it is? > > My '88 2X4 has a 22R and the filter is on the passenger's side, under > the intake manifold. Not too hard to get to... > > TOM > ----------------- >
Reply to
kip

Mine's listed as a 1/2 ton. I, too, have the four-speed. Since about 98% of my driving is to and from work and around town, rarely exceeding 55 MPH, I don't miss the O/D one bit. I paid $6,500 for it new on Feb. 29,

1988, which makes it 4 years old... :>))

It's painted generic gray and started life as part of an order of several units for some kind of service company around San Diego. Before the ship docked, the company went belly-up and Toyota ended up parceling out the trucks to local dealers to sell...

2-wheel drive, 22R, 4-speed, heater, vinyl floor mats, and no radio. It was your basic, stripped down work truck...

Best vehicle I ever owned. Second best was my '78 Datsun B210. I bought it new and traded it for the '88 Toyota. As you can see, I don't change vehicles very often... :>))

Tom - Vista, CA

kip wrote:

Reply to
TOM