Replace dash light on 2nd Gen 4Runner

I have a burnt-out dash light on my 1990 4Runner. Not a problem in the day, but at night its very hard to see the speedometer. What bulb do I need and how do I get to where the bulb is. Thanks Chris.

Reply to
Silentsam

Try

they have a lot of oem replacement parts/accessories for Toyota trucks/suvs. Just select your vehicle and you'll be set.

Cheers, Me-262 Fighter Ace J.G. 7 'Kommando Nowotny" Jet Fighter Squadron Flying Il-2 Sturmovik 'Forgotten Battles' UBI soft network

Reply to
messerschmitt 262

Its a 194 bulb.

Reply to
Michael Anderson

No its not, a 194 has too much candle power and will soon melt the socket and be too bright. You really want a 158. It looks identical to a 194

Reply to
MDT Tech®

lol oops than?

I havne't had any problem with my 194... perhaps i'm remembering wrong or soemthing heh. I put blue ones behind the dash to make it a better colour. Good effect. One of the mechanics at my shop has bright blue leds behind his... looks awesome!

Reply to
Michael Anderson

Reply to
Silentsam

Reply to
Nathan

Hi Nathan,

I actually did check all the internal and external bulbs while I was at the dealer. The only one blown was the dash light, but I replaced 2 bulbs in the dash while I was in there. I am also going to replace my headlights as they are quite old and not very bright at night. Not sure why Toyota made them 1 unit, I would prefer to just to change the bulb? Anyway, I love my truck whorts and all.

Reply to
Silentsam

Yes, do all the backlit bulbs. There is only 2 on your model. Get the ones with the little green condoms already on them, they are spendy, but removing them from the old ones can be impossible at times.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Old style sealed-beam headlights get dim (from the tungsten coating the inside of the glass) long before they burn out.

Replace them with a fresh set of garden-variety quartz-halogen headlights (and make sure they're aimed properly), and you'll be amazed at the difference.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman