Replacement pickup bed source?

My 80 2wd pickup bed is losing the battle agains time. Anyone have a source for pickup beds from those early years? Anyone have plans for a wooden floor replacement? Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
FAMFIVE

Here is one source:

Jarhead

You may want to check with

H.T.

Reply to
hey there

Thanks Jarhead. They only do 84-88 according to their site...but I am going to see if they might have done an 80 sometime in the past

Steve

Reply to
FAMFIVE

I built a wooden flatbed on my '84 and was very happy with it. As best as I can remember I bolted 4x6 stringers to the fore and aft frame members and then put 2x6 decking across that with 1x6 trim. If rust is the reason you need a new one beware of my experience which was to find the frame rotted through about a year after I put the bed on. The first place mine went was on the drivers side a little in back of the door on the fore and aft frame. I could squeeze it between my fingers and feel it give.

Reply to
H Hornblower

| >Here is one source: | >

| >-- | >Jarhead | >

| | Thanks Jarhead. | They only do 84-88 according to their site...but I am going to see if they | might have done an 80 sometime in the past | | Steve

Sorry! mine is an 87 and I didn't check the site out for other years. The following site was found by doing a Google search.

A little pricey for methough.

Reply to
Jarhead