T100 detonation

I have a 97 t100 with 125k on it. I had the timing belt changed and a full tune up, now it seems to detonate on acceleration. I checked the plugs and they are new NGK's. Since timing and anti-knock is supposed to be ECU controlled, how do you troubleshoot something like this? Could it be oxygen sensors?

Reply to
John A

Try cleaning the carbon from the combustion chamber. Chevron Techron Concentrate (the expensive stuff) is one good brand. Red Line has a good one, BG 44K, Berryman B-12 Chemtool are good. The carbon glows red and causes the gas/air mixture to ignite before the spark fires. Expect it to run worse before it runs better. When partly cleaned there will be rough edges of carbon that interrupt proper flame propagation.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried the Chevron stuff and did a Sea Foam treatment on the cylinders. It may have helped a little bit, but it still detonates. Any other suggestions?

John

Reply to
John A