NO compression ANY cylinder Toyota T100 w 3.4L

Hello. I'm new to this group and hope you all can help me out. My 95 Toyota T100 with 3.4L v6, it sat for two years and was running when parked. When I tried to crank it after sitting it sounded like no sound I have ever heard on an engine before...almost like starter was turning over but engine wasn't and it wasn't a very fast cranking either. My first thought was timing belt broke but it wasn't. In fact both cam marks and crank mark was perfect on mark with #1 at TDC. I then did a compression check and had nothing on any cylinder, zero! Never had this kinda situation. I have rebuilt older V8's like a 318, as well 2.2L and 2.5L front wheel drive engine. I haven't rebuilt a double overhead cam v6 before though. I was planning on doing a leak down but don't have the tool but can borrow one. I did check both compression gages and they are fine. One had the quick connect so I decided to connect to 20psi regulated air to see if I could hear the air and on LH side I couldn't hear air going anywhere on the 3, on RH side I could hear air going into the plenum on all 3. I still, even if the RH side head gasket is blown or intake valves stuck....I don't understand why I still have no compression on the other head? I hope this makes sense. I did crank over for a while and put oil in cylinders. Any suggestions or if you know what's wrong, please let me know. I have invested way too much in truck not to fix this. Thank you in advance.

Reply to
dgmenace

It has likely sat long enough for the rings to get stuck. Dump some transmission fluid into each cylinder and crank it over a few times. Repeat that and see if the numbers start coming up. If they don't you could try spraying a bit of starting fluid in while cranking it to see if the heat from the ignition might loosen them up. Once you get it running a bit they may all free up once the engine heats up.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thank you...someone else mentioned the same thing....I just can't imagine both head gaskets are blown, or all valves or stuck....the rings I can actually see that. I'll give it a try

Reply to
dgmenace

I ended up working on my Jeep today....3wks ago, my Rodeo, Jeep, and T100 was all down...smh. I got my Rodeo fixed, now working on brakes of my 95 JGC Limited with 318. I have a 97 JGC with blown 4.0l...sure would like to know how difficult it would be to put that 318 in the 97? Sorry, I know this wasn't related to the T100...just got my hands full with these vehicles. Thanks again for replying.

Reply to
dgmenace