T100 oil pressure

I just bought a new-to-me 1998 T100 with 100K miles on its 3.4L V6, and I'm a little concerned about its oil pressure. When hot, the pressure indications on the factory gauge runs very close to the bottom limits described in the Owners' Manual.

I'm currently running 5W30 oil per the manual for the Southern California temperature range. Can I go to a higher viscosity (10W40?) without doing damage?

Reply to
Gary Sawyer

This seems to be standard for the T-100's from what I have seen posted here in the past. My 95 is the same. It most likely is the guage, not the actual pressure. If your conserned, check the pressure with a real guage to see if it is within spec. before you do anything. My understanding is that it is flow, not pressure that is the most important issue with the t-100?

Reply to
MBOSCHERT