91 f150 no oil pressure

I am thinking of buying a 91 f150 but the oil pressure gauge is reading no pressure the owner says its just plugged but i want to test this myself I have the truck in my possesion for a bit before i buy it and want to know if there is a way to test the oil pressure myself to make surew there is nothing wrong with it

also this will be my first truck it has 77,000 miles on it on a 4.9 inline six solid body and bed 5 speed manual 2X4 the guy is asking $800.00. is this a good deal?

Reply to
Richard Noggin

It probably just needs a sending unit. There is nothing to get clogged. Get a manual gauge and test it. It's not likely to have oil pressure problems at that lo mileage.

Reply to
Steve Barker