Tacoma High Pitch Acceleration Noise

I just recently purchased a 03 Tacoma from a Toyota dealership. The Tacoma is a "Toyota Certified Vehicle". I noticed recently that there is a high pitch noise during acceleration. Let up on the gas the noise stops; apply the gas, the noise starts again. The mechanic at the dealership didn't know what the problem was (he went for a test drive with me) and said it was not high enough to diagnose further. He did greased the drive shaft thinking that might address the problem but it didn't help. Not too sure what I should do at this point. The truck has a bumper-to-bumper coverage for the first 3mth or 3000miles. Anyone experience this type of problem? If so, what was the problem and how was it fixed.

Thanks for any help.

SLS

Reply to
myexciteac

This is just the type of question that the Car Talk guys love for their radio show. Call them. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll call you back and use your question on the air.

1-888-CAR-TALK (888-227-8255)

Meanwhile, get yourself to an independent mechanic. Somebody you know must be familiar with one. It could be worth whatever they charge to get to first base and figure out what the problem is. The dealer has no real incentive to fix it quickly.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Did you happen to have the radio on and on an AM station? Even though most sparkplugs are resistor type, you will still get a hum when you rev the engine.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

Could also be engine noise/pitch related to having the A/C compressor on.

My 4-cyl has a distinct but healthy whine/change in rev engine pitch with the A/C on.....

Just a guess.

?
Reply to
S.Lewis